1) Background - how/when did your interest in aviation begin?
My aviation interest began when I was about to be senior in high school at 17 years old. The small non-towered airport in my town was hosting a pancake fly-in and I decided to drive out to the airport to check things out. While attending this event I learned there was a small flight school at the airport and offered lessons fairly cheap compared to most schools, so I signed up and had an amazing flight instructor who finished my private before I decided to attend EMU.
2) Current status - what major and when do you graduate?
I am an Aviation Flight Major and am expected to graduate at the end of summer 2017.
3) Future plans-
Upon graduation I would like to start at a tow pilot or aerial photography position to gain hours for my ATP rating. Once I have enough hours I would like to start at USA jet to gain more hours and experiences. Eventually I would like to retire in the private or corporate sector flying for a prestigious company such as Netjet.
4) Career Development/Current discussion topics-
Personally I would like guest speakers to be mainly pilots, specifically I would like some pilots from the corporate and cargo sector. One area of interest I would like to examine is space travel and how to make it affordable. Also another area of interest I have is infrared landing systems on aircraft, specifically how they work and if you could fly an airplane down to the runway with no visual reference.
-Travis Sixberry
No comments:
Post a Comment